Thursday, November 11, 2010

Update

I was able to get to the doctor yesterday and there was no change. Which after all these contractions was a bit disappointing no let me rephrase that, it was a big fat giant let down!! I was positive that Preston was going to arrive on Tuesday. The contractions were strong enough that they woke me up at 4 in the morning and were 4 minutes apart constantly for 6 hours until I decided to get up and move around. They returned once I got to work but I decided to ignore them. If they aren't going to do "anything" they why bother pissing me off!
But I really really need to change my attitude and I am very thankful for my March mommies to point that out. The fact that there is no change is a fabulous thing, I should be jumping up and down! It means all my sitting around "resting" and letting Chase do things is working. It means Preston is still cooking just as he should. It means I might make it until the 5th!! It means maybe just maybe I can give birth to a perfectly healthy baby boy and take him home with us right away.
No Change is a hard thing when its uncharted territory but its a good thing. Thank you Des for putting me back into my positive bubble and being my cheerleader!

My prayer today is that God helps me be patient and not get tempted by assuming Preston will be early and help me to have patients to not get overly giddy at every round of contractions.

Cheers to 40 Weeks!

1 comment:

  1. Definitely jumping up and down that Preston is still cooking. BUT I know what you mean - if you're going to have contractions they should at least DO something. OR stay away until they're ready to do something. I had braxton hicks and then "practice labor" (including several "false starts") with Jaycen from 20 weeks - the false starts from 38 weeks onward. The braxton hicks / false labor was no different than early labor in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete